Bert Phillips Road, Climax, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Bert Phillips Road, Climax, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:37 am

*originally recorded on 7-31-19*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching the local in Bainbridge, they went to drop off their cars, so I decided to head east and see where A724 was at. Didn't see them so I went back over to Bainbridge where I saw the local heading east running lite. Kinda disappointed about that, as I could've recorded another crossing in Bainbridge with this, but oh well. I chased them on over to this crossing in Climax where we see them trundling down the siding to meet A724 at the eastern end of it before continuing towards Cairo.

This crossing is a bit more of a boring install, though I don't mind recording it. It's pretty much a pure early to mid-2000s CSX install with the only major changes having been the signage and the upgrade of the gate lights to LED at some point. Other than that, no major changes to this crossing since it was installed. Nothing which really makes this fact more apparent than the kudzu which's claiming the right-hand signal as its own. US 84 can be seen on the far side of the crossing.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.