Weird crossbuck

Talk about signals ranging from wigwags to EVA signals here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

ZachL

Re: Weird crossbuck

Post by ZachL » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:43 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
ZachL wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:
SirKrunch wrote:Grenada Railway, which runs that former IC line looked like they were going to try to abandon a lot of that trackage originally... now it seems as though they are using more for car storage. I wonder if they found some new business or were able to get someone to come back online again. Check out this crossing that was OOS and crossbucks removed in 2014. Two years later, the gates were not put back on the signals, but crossbucks were, and you can see a lot of cars being stored.
That's probably because the signals don't even operate anymore. The relay case was removed between 2014 and 2016!
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.6315231 ... 312!8i6656
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.6315377 ... 312!8i6656

Must've reactivated that stretch of track for car storage.
I'll have to ask...is that even legal to have standing signals that do not operate on a non-OOS line? :Eeeeek:
Yes, but something has to be done to show that they do not work (such as having the lights bagged and/or turned away from traffic), IIRC. Otherwise, I think the crew may have to flag the crossing.
Another thing I was thinking is that maybe they were in the process of replacing the relay case? Although I doubt that.

In that instance, I would definitely at least hope the crossings are flagged.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
SirKrunch

Re: Weird crossbuck

Post by SirKrunch » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:31 pm

I'm going to bump this thread, because I see some new Streetview images from 2022 showing the now "Grenada Railroad" is removing these hideous crossbucks as they rehab and put the old signals back into service.

Vaiden MS
Then versus Now

West, MS
Then vs Now

Winona, MS
Then vs Now

Duck Hill, MS
This one has a relay case again and is back to being functional!
Then vs Now
Well, :Censored: