Led upgrade for Harvard Ave #2, and Northern Blvd in Independence.

Talk about signal news here, including upgrades, downgrades, crossings out of service, abandoned, and so on here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Nascar Fan007

Led upgrade for Harvard Ave #2, and Northern Blvd in Independence.

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:47 am

Yesterday I went out railfanning over on the UP Sedalia Sub, as well as the BNSF Marceline Sub. While I was in Independence, I decided to take a visit to the KCS Mexico Sub since I've noticed that KCS has replaced the lights at Harvard Ave #2 and Northern Blvd to Leds.

Both crossings appeared to have gotten Leotek EV series Leds installed in their respective light frames. I assume this was done very recent since the last time I went by both crossings, they still had their original incandescent lights. Scott Ave #2 has also gotten an Led upgrade as well, but I didn't get a chance to document that crossing and its changes since that crossing is in a not so friendly neighborhood. . I will try to record both crossings in action with the new Leds sometime. I assume Independence Ave, and the Kentucky Rd double crossing has gotten an Led upgrade as well.
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.