Morons sleeping on railroad track? Orange County, CA.

Grade crossing accidents only. Non-grade crossing accidents will be moved or deleted.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Robert_Gift
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Re: Morons sleeping on railroad track? Orange County, CA.

Post by Robert_Gift » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:23 pm

TRAINMANKIGHT wrote:
Robert_Gift wrote:... If welded rail, too bad it could not have held the train and allowed it to pass without derailing.
Probable not until he was 30 ft from it like you said it looked like a viaduct.
idk the result im trying to find more info on this wreck (I haven found anything yet) judging by the loco cam it looks like a bnsf loco
and by not hearing railjoints in the video i bet it was welded rail and it looks like it held up well or youd see that train in that ditch, not continuing down the track
thats the fastest ive ever seen a train stop but then again when you got cars on the ground youll stop quicker
If he noticed and applied the brakes, would we have heard them in this video.
From the audio, it appears he did not notice the problem until the engine dipped.

Descending from the south to east left curve overpass out of Los Angeles Union Station, when we reached ground or shortly after, we suddenly lurched to the left and back right again.
I thought it was going to derail the locomotive and bet someone walking in the train was thrown to the floor.
I reviewed my camcorder tape and could not see any deviation or anything in the track that caused it.
I'm now self-employed but my boss is a moron.
My life is an open book. Unfortunately, I'm illiterate.
My patients' arrhythmias straighten themselves out!!