Near-Miss at Odd Xing in Tavares FL - Opinions?

Grade crossing accidents only. Non-grade crossing accidents will be moved or deleted.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Re: Near-Miss at Odd Xing in Tavares FL - Opinions?

Post by ToledoRailfan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:33 am

freebrickproductions wrote:Someone should probably send that video (and maybe a few others of him doing illegal stuff) into the CSX and Local Police Departments (assuming that CSX still has a police department).
That was almost four years ago so I can't image any action would be taken against that.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:31 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:Someone should probably send that video (and maybe a few others of him doing illegal stuff) into the CSX and Local Police Departments (assuming that CSX still has a police department).
That was almost four years ago so I can't image any action would be taken against that.
Maybe a more recent one then...
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:27 am

freebrickproductions wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
Maybe a more recent one then...
Believe me if I were to actually railfan one day and saw him doing some illegal shit, I'd report his ass to as many authorities as I can :Roll:
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
LARDLOGO

Post by LARDLOGO » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:13 am

Late bump.....

Yeah.... I'll have to admit that his videos were a guilty pleasure of mine until recently. Every single video he uploads these days are from his "tours" and it's getting really annoying.

Most annoying thing he makes is those :Censored: Orange shows which is nothing but the toy calling him a fat seacow the entire episode and him replying with "Oh! whatever!"

Have to admit though, the train in the video was clearly sounding his horn. The guy needs to watch out or else he's going to end up getting hurt some day.

In my honest opinion, Danny Harmon (DistantSignal) will always be the best Florida- based railfan.
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:30 pm

LARDLOGO wrote:In my honest opinion, Danny Harmon (DistantSignal) will always be the best Florida- based railfan.
Danny Harmon is great! He narrates the promos for one of the local news stations here, and has been doing so for 30+ years. :TUP2:
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:27 pm

ZachL wrote:
LARDLOGO wrote:In my honest opinion, Danny Harmon (DistantSignal) will always be the best Florida- based railfan.
Danny Harmon is great! He narrates the promos for one of the local news stations here, and has been doing so for 30+ years. :TUP2:
Thanks for the recommendation... I just subscribed to Danny.
LARDLOGO

Post by LARDLOGO » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:40 am

I think the guy might be mentally ill....

LARDLOGO

Post by LARDLOGO » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:03 am

Some other various thoughts considering that this thread is still semi- active.

I started watching his videos around the early 2010's because he had subscribed to my channel. This was the time where he would run from the crossing gates yelling that the train was coming, run after the train yelling "WAIT FOR ME", etc. Being the "tweenager" I was, I thought it was funny and original.

But then he kept doing it. Every single video was him either yelling and running after or away from the train, crossings malfunctioning, or him cross dressing. The only video I really found funny at the time was when he went into the train tunnel in Largo.

The quality really declined once his "Stupid Orange" series became the most popular thing on his channel. I still want to know how these videos that are edited so poorly get so many viewers. He seemed to notice that too because those videos in particular have gotten lazier and lazier.

The guy is basically another Leonard Shaner. He still makes some decent videos from time to time, but like I said earlier; nearly every video of his is from his tours, and it's honestly annoying. What doesn't help matters is that the videos he uploads daily are simply one train from a series of trains he saw that day.

Not to mention the way he treats his "friends." He used to have this woman that was in his videos that he called "Chunky Monkey." Flattering, right? Anyways, Milleniumforce was going on another one of his ridiculously long tours and "Chunky Monkey" (understandably) couldn't come. He basically trashed her in the comments of one of his videos calling her a baby and making fun of the fact that she still lives with her parents at 31. What a gentleman!

He's also stolen things from the railroad. In one of his videos where he was filming a coal train IIRC, the coupler knuckle broke off and he took part of the coupler. On a live television news report too.

There's another YouTuber I like called "Jaw Tooth", but his videos have been on the decline since he started making videos with Alan. Go figure!

-End of Rant- (not trying to judge or make fun of the man, but he does do some questionable things)

Also, regarding myself; I'll be posting more train videos beginning in 2018. I've been focusing on television production logos because those videos are easier to make (I'll admit, I'm kind of lazy)
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:39 am

LARDLOGO wrote:I think the guy might be mentally ill....

I don't really mind that one, kinda cringy but in a humorous way. Just my opinion though.
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:09 am

LARDLOGO wrote:Some other various thoughts considering that this thread is still semi- active.

I started watching his videos around the early 2010's because he had subscribed to my channel. This was the time where he would run from the crossing gates yelling that the train was coming, run after the train yelling "WAIT FOR ME", etc. Being the "tweenager" I was, I thought it was funny and original.
Same for me, except not as early.
LARDLOGO wrote: The quality really declined once his "Stupid Orange" series became the most popular thing on his channel. I still want to know how these videos that are edited so poorly get so many viewers. He seemed to notice that too because those videos in particular have gotten lazier and lazier.
When he first started his 'Stupid Orange' series (four years ago?), I liked it and I thought it was original (keep in mind I was like 14 years old). But even the younger adolescent version of myself got tired of it.
LARDLOGO wrote: He still makes some decent videos from time to time, but like I said earlier; nearly every video of his is from his tours, and it's honestly annoying. What doesn't help matters is that the videos he uploads daily are simply one train from a series of trains he saw that day.
Even his normal train videos have kinda gone to shit to be honest.
LARDLOGO wrote: Not to mention the way he treats his "friends." He used to have this woman that was in his videos that he called "Chunky Monkey." Flattering, right? Anyways, Milleniumforce was going on another one of his ridiculously long tours and "Chunky Monkey" (understandably) couldn't come. He basically trashed her in the comments of one of his videos calling her a baby and making fun of the fact that she still lives with her parents at 31. What a gentleman!
Yea, I remember seeing him calling that lady "Chunky Monkey", I thought it was a little mean and harsh but I just assumed that she doesn't care otherwise he wouldn't do it (I question if that is true now). I didn't hear about her not being able to come on one of his "Millennium Force Tours" and him trashing her in the comments. That is pretty fucked up! I really don't what to say about that! Funny how you bring up his "friends", recently I had been kinda thinking about how weird it is that these two young women go on these "tours" all the time all over the country with this middle aged man, it just sounds kind of sketchy.
LARDLOGO wrote: He's also stolen things from the railroad. In one of his videos where he was filming a coal train IIRC, the coupler knuckle broke off and he took part of the coupler. On a live television news report too.
Part of me thinks he would've gotten permission for that as I think he was with some railroad employees after the incident occurred. But sense it is Allen, it does make you wonder...
LARDLOGO wrote: There's another YouTuber I like called "Jaw Tooth", but his videos have been on the decline since he started making videos with Alan. Go figure!
I kinda like Jaw Tooth's videos as their kinda shit but in a good way, I like how he adds his humor to his videos. He also captures some interesting stuff, he even posts in my 'Railway Crossings' group on Facebook. I don't think he hangs out with Alan that often, but I don't watch his videos on a regular basis so I wouldn't know.