Near-Miss at Odd Xing in Tavares FL - Opinions?

Grade crossing accidents only. Non-grade crossing accidents will be moved or deleted.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Re: Near-Miss at Odd Xing in Tavares FL - Opinions?

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:49 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:And this is a copycat of TrainmanKight's (not Kight himself) 'Trains of the midwest' series! And it appears that most of these (except for the Q-Line streetcar in Detroit) are just in Ohio or are in states that border Ohio that aren't even in the Midwest!

Well, "Trains of the Midwest" is a rather broad title, plus, other than being a collection of random trains in a particular region, I don't really see how he copies TrainmanKight's series. If he used the same editing style and fonts as him, then he'd definitely would be copying that series. To me, it just seems like he had some train videos that he had recorded but didn't have any other related videos to put them in, though I'm not too familiar with his content so IDK if any of these clips came from his other videos.

Maybe he could've called it "Trains of the East-Central US" if he wanted to be more accurate (or would the region shown be more accurately described as "Central-Eastern US"?)...
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:17 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:And this is a copycat of TrainmanKight's (not Kight himself) 'Trains of the midwest' series! And it appears that most of these (except for the Q-Line streetcar in Detroit) are just in Ohio or are in states that border Ohio that aren't even in the Midwest!

Well, "Trains of the Midwest" is a rather broad title, plus, other than being a collection of random trains in a particular region,
Well most if not all definitions of the Midwest do not include, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania.
That's why I suggested an alternate title:
freebrickproductions wrote:Maybe he could've called it "Trains of the East-Central US" if he wanted to be more accurate (or would the region shown be more accurately described as "Central-Eastern US"?)...
ToledoRailfan wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote: I don't really see how he copies TrainmanKight's series.
He uses the exact same title as Kight's (not Mike Kight's) series. Usually the copy cat phenomena in our community isn't with people his age though.
I'm almost certain that the exclamation mark at the end of the title could be used to argue (in court) that it's not the "exact same title", especially by a good lawyer. Someone was once able to get out of a parking ticket after they had noticed that the law in question had a missing comma in a list, after all. Also, in the realm of fanfiction and fan art, there's a number of pieces, even within the same fandom, that may unintentionally share the same title even if they are 100% unrelated.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:42 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:

Well, "Trains of the Midwest" is a rather broad title, plus, other than being a collection of random trains in a particular region,
Well most if not all definitions of the Midwest do not include, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania.
freebrickproductions wrote:Maybe he could've called it "Trains of the East-Central US" if he wanted to be more accurate (or would the region shown be more accurately described as "Central-Eastern US"?)...
That was actually more the Geography Buff in me talking. :cool:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote: I don't really see how he copies TrainmanKight's series.
He uses the exact same title as Kight's (not Mike Kight's) series. Usually the copy cat phenomena in our community isn't with people his age though.
I'm almost certain that the exclamation mark at the end of the title could be used to argue (in court) that it's not the "exact same title", especially by a good lawyer. Someone was once able to get out of a parking ticket after they had noticed that the law in question had a missing comma in a list, after all. Also, in the realm of fanfiction and fan art, there's a number of pieces, even within the same fandom, that may unintentionally share the same title even if they are 100% unrelated.
I guess I couldn't rule out it just being an old fashion coincidence.
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:26 am

This is why we can't have nice things!
LARDLOGO

Post by LARDLOGO » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:38 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:This is why we can't have nice things!
:TDOWN: here we go again :aaargh:
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:25 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:

That was actually more the Geography Buff in me talking. :cool:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
I guess I couldn't rule out it just being an old fashion coincidence. But sense he did re upload those two videos, it made me think "if he's going to do that, he'd probably also copy someone else's idea".
Sorry that i'm kinda derailing the topic here, he just uploaded this video, and i don't get it.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:04 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
Well that video is down, it doesn't say if it was taken down due to a copyright claim or if it was made private or if it was deleted.
What video, the COPS video, or the original video everybody is voicing their opinion on? Your link is broken for me.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:26 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
Well that video is down, it doesn't say if it was taken down due to a copyright claim or if it was made private or if it was deleted.
What video, the COPS video, or the original video everybody is voicing their opinion on? Your link is broken for me.
Its not broken, it was the video titled "Racist Superman".
Looks broken to me. :huh:
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:38 pm

This is worth eye catching, reading his description, he claims these videos he found had a "Creative Commons License and that Reuse was allowed"
This video (Yes i've posted this in other threads) does not have a creative commons license, either he's just covering it up or i clearly do not understand on how YouTube works.
LARDLOGO

Post by LARDLOGO » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:46 am

NathanFromEngland wrote:This is worth eye catching, reading his description, he claims these videos he found had a "Creative Commons License and that Reuse was allowed"
This video (Yes i've posted this in other threads) does not have a creative commons license, either he's just covering it up or i clearly do not understand on how YouTube works.
Just watched the video. I love how he places his name over the watermarks on the videos that aren't his.
Railfanning since December 28, 2009!