Mechanical Bell Map (North America)

Talk about crossing signal lights, bells, and gates here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

TrainsNSirens

Mechanical Bell Map (North America)

Post by TrainsNSirens » Mon May 06, 2024 10:10 am

For the past few months, I have dedicated myself to mapping out mechanical bells left in the US. It is nowhere near finished, but it is a significant start and I figured some people could find this helpful. If you have suggestions for what area/subdivision I should map next, let me know below.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/view? ... 513922&z=4
freebrickproductions

Re: Mechanical Bell Map (North America)

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed May 08, 2024 12:31 pm

The ones at Quietdale Drive in Huntsville and Jordan Road in Ryland are long-gone. The former was replaced last year while the latter was replaced earlier this year.

You also missed the ones in Madison and the one at Wall Triana Highway in Huntsville.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
Nascar Fan007

Re: Mechanical Bell Map (North America)

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:15 am

TrainsNSirens wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 10:10 am
For the past few months, I have dedicated myself to mapping out mechanical bells left in the US. It is nowhere near finished, but it is a significant start and I figured some people could find this helpful. If you have suggestions for what area/subdivision I should map next, let me know below.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/view? ... 513922&z=4
Are you gonna eventually add in crossings in Missouri like around Independence, Lee's Summit, etc in the future on that map of yours for mechanical bell crossings?
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.