Arnold Street, Cullman, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Arnold Street, Cullman, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:46 pm

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Gen LEDs.
Signal on the right: Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Gen LEDs and a WCH mechanical bell.

Oddly enough, CSX recently installed the WCH m-bell here, replacing a General Signals e-bell that had been here. This now brings the total number of mechanical bells on the CSX S&NA North Sub UP to 5. You can see the post in which I discussed this in here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3132
This is also the only gateless crossing on the mainline for the S&NA North Sub to have a mechanical bell now.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Arnold Street, Cullman, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:46 pm

*originally recorded on 9-27-20*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs and a WCH mechanical bell.

After work on September 27th, I went down to the Cullman area to get a crossing I forgot to document documented. When I got there, I saw this local freight finishing up working a customer next to the crossing, so I returned back north to this crossing to catch it. After a bit of waiting, we see this CSX local returning to the small yard here in Cullman with a GP38-3 for power.

As you can see, no major changes have occured to the signals here since I last recorded this crossing, thankfully. Sadly, although not seen in the video, new orange tubing has gone in around the crossing, so these classic L&N signal's days are sadly numbered. According to a police officer I encountered earlier, Cullman's planning to put in a quiet zone, at least in the downtown area, so that's probably why this crossing's getting upgraded. Given the fact that the WCH mechanical bell here was apparently installed as the pet project by the local signal maintainer, I'm hoping it gets re-used on the new signals, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/Cullman/Arnold/

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:26 pm

No major changes here as of 8-24-21. The classic L&N signals and WCH mechanical bell are still in place, along with the orange tubing around the crossing. Kinda surprised the new signals haven't gone in yet, TBH.

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:20 am

No changes here as of 6-8-22 either. Dunno if the planned upgrade is still going to go through, or if CSX has decided to delay it for one reason or another. The conduit is still in place though.

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:43 pm

No major changes to the signals here as of 3-19-23 as well:

I will note, however, that the new conduit around the crossing has since vanished, seemingly having been buried. The relay case here has a bit of new conduit poking out of the side of it as well and running into the ground, so I suspect CSX may have just been rewiring these signals or something. Strange that it seemingly took them a few years to do it though.

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:42 pm

Still the same as of 8-13-23, thankfully: