Avalon Avenue, Muscle Shoals, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Avalon Avenue, Muscle Shoals, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat May 07, 2016 10:44 pm

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type-2 e-bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.
Signal on the Right: 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, 1 pair of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.
George Wallace Boulevard Signal: 1 pair of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran Type-3 e-bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.

This crossing is actually on the border between Muscle Shoals and Sheffield.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Avalon Avenue, Muscle Shoals, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:25 pm

Been a massive change to this crossing since I was last here:

*originally recorded on 3-21-18*

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a (refurbished) Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 5 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a (refurbished) Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
George Wallace Boulevard signal: 1 pair of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a (refurbished) Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

As you can see, since I was last here, this crossing has gotten a massive upgrade due to Avalon Avenue being widened from three to five lanes. The crossing new features two new Siemens cantilever signals, each with rather tall gate masts, and a very tall mast signal for the side street. All of the mast signals feature two wind-guards on them, though I don't think the side street signal needs to be as tall as it is as the gate arm just appears to be a pretty standard one. The gate arm near me however is rather long, and also gets rather thin near the tip of it. Kind of surprised that there's no rear overhead lights as well.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/Muscle_Shoals/Avalon/

freebrickproductions

Re: Avalon Avenue, Muscle Shoals, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:51 pm

No changes to this crossing as of 3-11-24:

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/M ... ls/Avalon/