Harris Station Road, Tanner, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Harris Station Road, Tanner, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG e-bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG e-bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/Tanne ... s_Station/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Harris Station Road, Tanner, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:47 pm

*originally recorded on 8-29-21*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, and a RECO gate light.

After catching Q524 in Tanner, I figured they were stopping to meet a southbound at Athens, so I went down to this crossing to record it, since I hadn't recorded it in a while. There was a little bit of waiting, but the train turned-out to be a southbound intermodal train, which had an ES44AH leading an ES40DC on the head-end, and another ES44AH working as the mid-train DPU. No idea on the ID of this guy, TBH, but I suspect it was Q025, though, again, I'm not entirely sure on that. After this, I documented a couple of small upgrades, but as nothing else seemed to be in the area and it was starting to get late, I just went on home.

As you can see, this crossing is still largely the same since I last recorded it, but something interesting has happened in the time since then. CSX appears to have replaced both gate arms since I was last here, giving the far signal a set of NEG LED gate lights, but the closer signal seems to have retained its set of RECO LEDs. However, after the gate arms were replaced, it appears the gate light closest to the mech on the closer signal died and was replaced. For some reason, however, rather than using a new LED gate light, an older RECO incandescent gate light was installed here instead! Certainly nice to see an incandescent gate light along this line again, hopefully it remains here for a good while.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/T ... s_Station/

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:35 pm

*originally recorded on 3-24-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After missing I025 and seeing the malfunction at Bibb-Garrett Road, I returned to this crossing and waited, hoping to be able to get a train before sunset. Unfortunately, although the signal at North End Harris Siding upgraded to clear for a northbound, it didn't come until well after sunset, though thankfully my car's headlights were able to provide decent lighting for the crossing. Either way, I was still able to get a twelfth catch on this day: CSX M518 with an ES44AH pulling on the head-end and another ES44AH working as the mid-train DPU.

Since I was last here, CSX unfortunately replaced all of the gate lights on the far signal with another set of NEG LED gate lights, meaning that the re-used older RECO incandescent gate light is now gone. Believe this also means that all of the gate lights (and lights in general, TBH) on the S&NA North are LED now.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/T ... s_Station/

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:53 am

Got a better shot of the crossing in the daytime back on 4-5-23:

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:46 pm

No changes here as of 7-15-23: