Parsons Road, Christiana, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Parsons Road, Christiana, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:02 pm

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type-1 electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

This crossing is another nice old 1980s CSX install, though this one is a later one. The original WCH mechanical bell that would've been here was also replaced with a General Signals Type-1 electronic bell. The crossing also has the old white emergency information signs still, which is odd since the new blue ones are already installed on the signals.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/A-F ... na/Parsons
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Parsons Road, Christiana, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:11 pm

*originally recorded on 5-28-22*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights, a WCH gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After doing the chase of the grain train, we decided to let it go and go up to this crossing to wait for the next train. After a couple hours of waiting, this southbound mixed freight came rolling through with an ET44AH on the head-end, and an ES40DC and another ET44AH working as the mid-train DPUs.

As you can see, a couple of changes have occurred here since I last recorded this crossing, with the most major one being the bell. Sometime within the past two years (I think it was in 2020, but may have been in 2021? I'll let someone more familiar with when it was replaced correct me on that), the GS Type 1 here sadly died and CSX replaced it with the current NEG e-bell. At some point in the past 6 years or so as well, CSX replaced both gate arms at this crossing, and all of the gate lights are now NEG LED gate lights as a result.
Thankfully, no other changes appear to have occurred here, and the crossing still retains both 1980s CSX signals. Both signals even still retain the old white ENS signage, amazingly enough.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.