Hickory Street, Hartselle, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Hickory Street, Hartselle, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:10 pm

*Originally recorded on 7-11-17*

Signal on the left: 3 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, an Invensys Rail gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, an Invensys Rail gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

These signals were installed in the later-half of 2014, replacing a pair of gateless signals that had Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs and a General Signals electronic bell. The gateless signals can still be seen on street view. While I'd've liked to have recorded this crossing back when it was still gateless, the current set-up is also rather nice.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/H ... e/Hickory/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Hickory Street, Hartselle, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:23 pm

*originally recorded on 3-19-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, an Invensys Rail gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, an Invensys Rail gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.

After I026 came through, I remained here to wait for whatever would come next. I didn't have to wait too long, however, as almost right after I026 had passed, I heard a train blowing for Tabernacle Road to my south, and, just a few minutes later, my fourth and best catch of the day came through: CSX E004 with a YN2 AC44CW leading a YN3b AC44CW and a YN3b ET44AH for power!

Nothing too major has changed to this crossing since I last recorded it. However, in the years since I was last here, CSX has replaced the middle gate light on the closer signal with an NEG LED gate light. Other than that, however, no there really haven't been any notable changes to this crossing.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/H ... e/Hickory/

freebrickproductions

Re: Hickory Street, Hartselle, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:56 pm

No changes here as of 3-24-23: