CR 51, Westover, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

CR 51, Westover, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:22 pm

*originally recorded on 4-2-18*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights.

Back on April 2nd, I went back out to the Lineville Sub to do some more railfanning. I was able to successfully catch only three trains, but one of them was a local that was working several areas in and around Talladega, so I was able to chase it around and get several crossings. I would've gotten these videos up sooner, but I was just feeling rather lazy about them for some reason.

This crossing is a rather nice one. It's one of three bell-less crossings on the CSX Lineville Sub in Alabama, and the right-hand signal is an old WRRS one dating back to when the ACL ran along this line! There was probably a similar signal on the left, but it appears to have been replaced back in the mid-1990s with the current one, likely due to a knock-down. CSX also likely decided to upgrade the lights on the right-hand signal at about the same time as the far signal was getting replaced. Speaking of the left-hand signal, it doesn't have any top on it, and hasn't since street view first went through here in 2009. I almost wonder if the signal originally had a WCH mechanical bell on it when it was put-up in the 1990s, but it was later removed and never replaced. That, or the signal was ordered with a bell and CSX has just never bothered to cover the top of the signal since the bell was removed before it was installed. This crossing is the first one to the west of the crossing on CR 55, also in Westover. I'm also kinda surprised that this crossing has yet to get any gated signals, as it appears to be on a much more major road than the one on CR 55.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: CR 51, Westover, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:24 am

No changes here as of 6-18-22, thankfully:

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/Westover/CR51/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.