Spring Street, Talladega, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Spring Street, Talladega, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:28 pm

*originally recorded on 12-2-19*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After getting A714 at Battle Street, I went down to Bemiston Avenue to see if I could get them there. However, unfortunately, they stopped short of the crossing and disconnected to power, returning back to the rest of their train which they had left on the Lineville Sub. As such, I decided to catch them one last time at this crossing, watching them roll through with the rest of their train into the small yard here.

This crossing isn't anything too interesting, though I do always enjoy seeing CSX signals of this style (for some reason). This crossing is pretty much your typical modern CSX install, and was installed a couple of years ago to replace a pair of crossbucks that were here. A bit unusually though, rather than using NEG LED gate lights like most modern CSX installs like this, this one has RECO LED gate lights. Not entirely sure as to why.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/Talladega/Spring/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.