6th Street, Rincon, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

6th Street, Rincon, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:21 pm

*originally recorded on 6-29-21*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights, a WCH mechanical bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights, a WCH mechanical bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching Q197, CSX Y123 had been waiting on the branch line on the north side of town for it to pass, so we went down to this crossing one block down to film it. After a little while of waiting, it eventually came south with a YN2 AC44CW for power!

This is another rather nice crossing, featuring another 1980s CSX install that's still mostly original. Unfortunately, like the last crossing, both of the bells here are sounding rather rough, though neither one is noticeably bad like one of the ones at 5th Street was. Like with 5th Street though, I do hope CSX fixes both bells here and the signals are otherwise untouched for years to come, as nice 1980s CSX installs like this aren't the most common things to find these days, especially with their original lights, bells, and gate mechs like this. Either way though, I'm glad to have been able to get these two "pure" 1980s CSX installs in Rincon recorded.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.