Penia Road, near Cordele, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Penia Road, near Cordele, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:09 am

*originally recorded on 7-31-21*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a Safetran Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a Safetran Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After catching N015, I went over to this crossing just east of Cordele to catch Q026, as I figured it was likely getting close. After hearing over the scanner that they were only a few miles out, I got set-up and not too long after, a headlight appeared in the distance. However, rather than being Q026, what came flying through was instead Q202 with a pair of ES44AHs for power.

This crossing is a rather nice one though, featuring a mid-2000s CSX install that's still mostly original. In fact, it appears that the only notable changes here were that the original gate arms and gate lights all got replaced at some point, but, outside of that, pretty much the rest of the equipment is still original. I honestly do always like seeing these mid-2000s CSX installs, so I'm glad to have been able to film this one as well. I doubt any major changes will occur to this crossing anytime soon, but something could happen sooner rather than later. Either way, I'm certainly glad I got to film this crossing like all the others that I've recorded on this trip.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.