West Street, Cottondale, FL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

West Street, Cottondale, FL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:58 pm

*originally recorded on 3-29-22*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a WCH mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

This was the fifth crossing I caught TA-West at, and it's another nice one. The signals here are a mid-90s CSX install. However, rather than the typical 2nd Gen WCH bell these feature, this one features a very nice sounding 1st Gen WCH mechanical bell. Given how aged it looks, and the fact that it has a 4 inch base (mounted to a 5 inch adapter), I suspect it was re-used here from somewhere else, likely an old SCL install somewhere on the Tallahassee Sub. The bell is easily one of my favorite sounding WCH bells out there, so I'm quite glad it's still here and sounds so great. Believe this is also the only mechanical bell left in Cottondale itself, though the BAYL has a couple on their mainline just north of the town (but still outside of it).
Seems like CSX installed a bunch of signals along the P&A and Tallahassee Subdivisions back in the 90s, many of which still retain their original bells, though I didn't get to record too many of them on this trip.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.