Telogia Creek Road, near Greensboro, FL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Telogia Creek Road, near Greensboro, FL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun May 01, 2022 2:38 pm

*originally recorded on 3-30-22*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Harmon Dotted LEDs and a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with Harmon Dotted LEDs.

Prior to going on my trip, I'd learned from another local railfan that the AN typically runs on Wednesday mornings, so I made sure to plan for such in my schedule. As such, on March 30th, I got on up and went out to the town of Greensboro to see about catching the AN. Not too long after I got out to this crossing, I heard what sounded like the AN's crew talking over the radio. Shortly after that, I started hearing them blow for the private crossings to my south, and eventually they crested the hill south of me. Here we see them on their journey north with a Chattahoochee Industrial Railroad SW1500 for power. They were hauling about a dozen cars north to Chattahoochee to interchange with the FGAR. According to the local railfan I talked with, they have about that many "on a good day", so I'm guessing I got lucky and caught on a "good day", lol.
According to the railfan I'd chatted with earlier, this SW1500 was supposed to have left and been replaced by another unit already, but that clearly hasn't happened as of the time of this video.

This crossing is a fairly decent one, and is the only active crossing on the line with Harmon Dotted LEDs. It seems that these signals were originally installed by the AN back in the 60s, but in the 1980s, the lights here were all replaced with Safetran 12 inch lights, with the far signal at least getting Safetran 12x24s. Then, in either the 90s or 2000s (I believe), the bell here was replaced with a WCH mechanical bell. Also, at some point in the 2000s, the closer signal must've gotten hit and was replaced with the current one, with the farther signal being upgraded to LED at the same time. Finally, sometime in or after 2015 (and certainly before 2018), the bell here was replaced with the current GS Type 3. Since then, no major changes appear to have occurred to this crossing.
The crossing might not be the most interesting one out there, but I'm quite glad to have been able to record it. The AN is an operation I've wanted to be able to shoot for a few years now, as I used to see the out of service southern end of their line whenever I'd go to Port St. Joe for the biannual family reunions in the summer, so I'm glad I was finally able to see them operating. This crossing is also the southernmost one along their line that they still use currently, as the paper mill they serve is north of any signalized crossings in Hosford, the next town south.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.