Dade Street, Quincy, FL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Dade Street, Quincy, FL

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon May 02, 2022 10:43 am

*originally recorded on 3-31-22*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching TA-West in Gretna, I chased them back across Quincy to be able to get them at this crossing. Thankfully, I was able to beat them here with a bit of time to spare, and we see them rolling through, still running lite.

This crossing is another decent little one, though, admittedly, like Church Street in Gretna, it ain't too terribly interesting, IMHO. The signals here are a mid-90s CSX install that's still largely original. However, in the 2000s, CSX replaced the WCH mechanical bell that I believe had been here with the current GS Type 2. Since then, no major changes appear to have occurred here.
Like I said, these signals aren't the most interesting ones out there. However, I do quite like the way they look here, so I suppose that's something at least.
The closer signal also still retains its original diagonally striped gate arm, but the FGAR apparently decided to attempt to restripe it sometime within the past year or so. They were fairly successful on the front side of the arm, with only a little bit of the original striping just peeking out near the gate mech (as is typical of restriped gate arms like this). However, while it can't be seen in the video, they were apparently less successful on the back of the arm, only restriping a small section on the middle of the gate arm, which certainly makes for a rather interesting look.
All in all, this is a decent little crossing, and I'm glad to have been able to record it.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Florida/Quincy/Dade/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.