Cyrene Road, near Brinson, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Cyrene Road, near Brinson, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue May 03, 2022 6:12 pm

*originally recorded on 4-2-22*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

This was the third crossing I caught Q650 at, and it's a fairly decent one. Believe it or not, this was actually one that I kinda wanted to get back in 2019, though it was a lower priority crossing for me to get, and was the only crossing around Brinson I didn't get to record. The signals here were installed by CSX back in about the early to mid-2000s, after they'd started using Safetran e-bells but before they adopted LED lights, it appears. Installs of this age honestly seem to be rather rare to find, so I'm glad to have been able to film this guy finally. I'm personally aware of one other of these installs, up on the Fitzgerald Sub just east of Cordele, but CSX upgraded that guy to LED back in the mid-2010s so it isn't as interesting, IMHO.
Admittedly, this is probably one of the more boring crossings I filmed on this day, but I'm still glad to have been able to get it in action.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Georgia/A-F/Brinson/Cyrene/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.