Peacock Parkway, Ozark, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Peacock Parkway, Ozark, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue May 03, 2022 8:28 pm

*originally recorded on 4-2-22*

Signal on the left: 1 pair of Harmon 8 inch lights, 2 pairs of Federal Signal 12x20 inch lights, 1 pair of Safetran 8 inch lights, a Safetran mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 1 pair of Harmon 8 inch lights, 2 pairs of Federal Signal 12x20 inch lights, 1 pair of Safetran 8 inch lights, a Safetran mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

This was the third crossing I caught B211 at. I was kind of afraid I was gonna miss it, as I had to slowly find my way around downtown Ozark due to some kind of event/festival that was going on there at the time. Thankfully, I was still able to beat the train here and film this crossing.

This crossing is yet another one that I've been wanting to record since 2019, and, as y'all can see, it's a very nice one as well. The signals here are an early to mid-70s SCL install that's still almost entirely original. In fact, these signals were installed here after Safetran had redesigned the gate mechs and 8 inch lights (rebranding the latter to Safetran from RACO), but before FS had gotten a chance to redesign their 12 inch lights. Because CSX hasn't ever given any kind of an LED upgrade here, this also means that the crossing features the only earlier 12 inch FS lights along the line that are still incandescent, which I'm rather glad to see.
Both 1st Gen Safetran mechanical bells are still here as well, and both of them also sound very healthy. Hopefully these especially will be around here for many more years to come. The closer signal also still retains a fully diagonally-striped gate arm, which is rather nice to see. The overhead lights on the far signal are also still rather nicely faded, but I'm kinda surprised CSX didn't repaint those when they repainted the rest of the lights here.
All in all, this is a great crossing and I'm glad I was finally able to record it. Hopefully CSX leaves these signals untouched for many more years to come, but either way, at least I got these recorded when I did.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/Ozark/Peacock/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.