Pedestrian Crossing, Mobile, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Pedestrian Crossing, Mobile, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:45 pm

*originally recorded on 5-17-22*

Far signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Near signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.
This crossing is in a quiet zone.

After getting the trio of gateless crossings recorded, I decided to head on up to downtown Mobile to get the pedestrian crossing next to the convention center recorded. While I was documenting this crossing, a Terminal Alabama State Docks Railway local came out of the yard and stopped on this crossing for a few minutes before shoving back. Thankfully, I had my camera rolling so I was able to record it. This train had two Genset MP15DC rebuilds leading an MP15AC, though the train didn't pull out far enough so you can't really see the MP15AC. Think this was also the first time I caught Genset locomotives.

This crossing is another pretty neat little one, even if the equipment here ain't the most interesting either. The signals here were installed by CSX back in the early 2000s, and have remained largely unchanged since. In fact, the closer signal even still retains its original diagonally striped gate arm, which is pretty neat to see IMHO.
TBH, the main reason I like this crossing is due to the fact it's a pedestrian crossing, which don't seem to be super common down here in the south. This one also has both signals on the same side of the walkway, which kinda reminds me of some crossings that can be found over in the UK. This is still a neat crossing though, and I'm glad to have gotten it recorded.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.