County Farm Road, Murfreesboro, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

County Farm Road, Murfreesboro, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:32 pm

*originally recorded on 5-28-22*

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After catching the southbound mixed freight, Ethan and I went and got lunch before going to this crossing for the next train. After a little while of waiting (don't think it was too much more than half an hour?), this northbound coal train came through with an ET44AH leading an AC44CW on the head-end and an ES44AH working as the mid-train DPU.
I was originally set-up on the right-hand side of the road with Ethan set-up about where I was, but I decided to swap places with him as I felt it would provide for a better angle on the train, which, IMHO, it did.

This crossing is a rather nice one, featuring a late-90s CSX install that's still almost fully original! It appears that the only notable change here was the replacement of both gate arms and all of the gate lights. Thankfully though, both signals remain entirely untouched otherwise and the right-hand one also still features it's original (and rather nice-sounding) GS Type 1!
This crossing also has a bit of an unusual set-up, with the right-hand signal having the front pair of lights mounted on a short arm to provide a better view of the lights here, due to the sharp curve on this side of the crossing. The left-hand signal is also a bit unusual as well, as both pairs of side lights are mounted on their own short arms, something that I don't believe I've seen too much elsewhere.
I'd actually wanted to get these back when I visited this part of the Chattanooga Sub back in 2016, but didn't really get a chance to record them. Hopefully these signals remain unchanged for many more years to come as well, but either way, I'm quite glad I was finally able to record them.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/G-Q ... unty_Farm/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.