Dakota Road, Thorsby, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Dakota Road, Thorsby, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:06 pm

*originally recorded on 6-26-22*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, NEG LED gate lights, and a RECO LED gate light.

After catching M520, Zac and I went over to this crossing to continue waiting for L677. After a couple more hours of waiting, L677 finally came through this crossing.

This crossing is a rather nice one, and is one I've been wanting to record for a few years now, especially since I accidentally messed-up what was supposed to have been a video of the crossing back in 2017. Thankfully, this almost-pure late-90s CSX install is still pretty much entirely the same, though at some point between 2017 and 2019 CSX realigned the front lights on the closer signal so that they now face the same direction. I'm quite glad to see no major changes here though, especially since it still has a very nice-sounding GS Type 1 pair at it. The far signal also still retains an older diagonally-striped gate arm, which is rather nice to see. Hopefully this crossing continues to remain unchanged for many more years to come, but either way, I'm glad I was finally able to record it.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/Thorsby/Dakota/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.