Concordia Street, Thorsby, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Concordia Street, Thorsby, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:33 pm

*originally recorded on 6-26-22*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight ball LEDs, a dead General Signals (Type 1?) electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching L677, we started back towards Clanton, only to see this train come around a bend between Thorsby and Clanton. As such, I quickly turned my car around and we raced back to this crossing, with me thankfully being able to beat it here with a bit of time to spare. Here we see what was easily my favorite catch of the day: CSX B824, an ethanol train, heading north with a UP AC44CW leading an NS AC44C6M!

This crossing is also a rather nice one, featuring what appears to be another late-90s CSX install. At some point prior to 2013 (I suspect in either the mid to late-2000s, but it's hard to tell on street view), the closer signal had its lights all upgraded to the current Dialight Ball LEDs. Since then, however, no other major changes appear to have occurred here yet.
I'm also glad to see the far signal still has a working GS Type 1 at it. I believe both bells here were GS Type 1s (as, when I heard this crossing in the distance back in 2017, it sounded like a Type 1 pair here), but, unfortunately, as you can see, the GS e-bell on the closer signal is dead. Either way, I'm glad there's still at least one GS Type 1 here, which I hope remains around for a good while longer. The far signal also still features an older diagonally-striped gate arm as well, which is nice to see.
The far signal used to have an old white emergency information sign as late as late-2017, but CSX had sadly replaced it in 2019 with a modern blue one.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/T ... Concordia/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.