Orange Road, Lewis Center, OH

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Orange Road, Lewis Center, OH

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:37 pm

*originally recorded on 7-17-22*

NS crossing:
Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran mechanical bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights.
CSX signal:
Signal on the left (off): 2 pairs of Safetran 8 inch lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 8 inch lights, a Safetran Hybrid bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching the work train, I went down to this crossing to film it in action next. After a little bit of waiting here, this northbound NS intermodal train came through with a UP AC45CCTE leading an NS Dash-9 and an NS SD70ACC.

This crossing is another very nice one, and was another one that I had really wanted to record. All of the signals here appear to have been installed by NS and Conrail back in the 1990s. However, in the mid-2010s, NS replaced their gated signal here, though, thankfully, the original Safetran mechanical bell they had here was re-used onto the newer signal. Since then, however, no major changes appear to have occurred here, thankfully.
Thankfully, the 90s Conrail install on the CSX Columbus Line here remains entirely unchanged, making this the first "pure" 90s Conrail install I've been able to record. Both bells here also still sound rather healthy, which is nice to see. For some reason, when a train is on the NS Sandusky District, CSX's gateless signal remains off entirely, but the rear lights on the gated signal also come on. Not entirely sure why it's set this way, but it is.
The bell on NS's crossing also rings as the gates rise here, and CSX's crossing also still retains another older diagonally striped gate arm, both of which are rather nice to see still, IMHO. Hopefully this double crossing continues to remain unchanged for many more years to come, but either way, I'm quite glad to have been able to record this crossing in action as well.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Ohio/L-Q/Lewis_Center/Orange/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.