Melrose Street, McEwen, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Melrose Street, McEwen, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:17 pm

*originally recorded on 1-2-23*

Signal on the left: 3 pairs of Modern Industries 8 inch lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Modern Industries 8 inch lights and a WRRS mechanical bell.

After catching M531 in Burns, I tried to chase the train on over to Tennessee City for a rather classic crossing there, though unfortunately M531 got there about the same time I did so I couldn't get anything there filmed. As such, I just continued on over to this crossing in McEwen, where I was able to successfully get it once again.

This crossing is another very nice one, featuring a 1970s L&N install that appears to still be fully original as well. Thankfully, due to the clouds on this day, I was able to set-up on the side with the WRRS mechanical bell again, and this time the clouds were thick enough to make for nice lighting over here. The WRRS bell here sounds a bit rougher than the other one I filmed over in Burns, and the other one here in McEwen, but it's still great to see it on this crossing. Hopefully CSX gives it a tune-up, but either way, I'm glad I got this classic gateless crossing filmed as well.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/G-Q/McEwen/Melrose/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.