North Street, New Johnsonville, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

North Street, New Johnsonville, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:24 pm

*originally recorded on 1-2-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights, a WCH mechanical bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights, a WCH mechanical bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After I caught M531 in McEwen, I continued chasing it west over to this crossing. Here, I was able to get them once again, but, unfortunately, for whatever reason, the train came to a stop for almost half an hour on the crossing. I'm not entirely sure why, but I think it may have been related to the drawbridge over the Tennessee River. Thankfully, my camera had plenty of battery to record the full activation.

This crossing is another great one, and easily one of my favorites, if not my favorite, from this trip. These signals here are a 1980s CSX install, that are still practically fully original! Literally the only typical changes (signage replacements, and the upgrades of the gate arms and gate lights) have occurred to these signals. There ain't too many 1980s CSX installs in Tennessee it seems, and I believe this might be the last one that's still pretty much fully original. Both WCH mechanical bells here sound quite healthy, even if they do miss a few beats. In fact, these are probably the healthiest bells I've ever heard on a 1980s CSX install. Hopefully CSX continues to leave it unchanged for many more years to come, but either way, this is another crossing I'm glad to have finally gotten to be able to film.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/G-Q ... lle/North/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.