Crossings of the UP Beloit Branch

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

AndyWS

Re: Crossings of the UP Beloit Branch

Post by AndyWS » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:48 pm

The last crossing pictured above is this one. Other than the LEDs being put in the lights and another WCH e-bell replacing the Safetran mechanical bell on the northern (yard lead) track, and adding the blue DOT signs, it's basically unchanged from 2010.

It doesn't look any crossings from Beloit are on the site. I actually took a photo set of Prospect Street the last time I was there in 2021, along with more photos this past Sunday (it hadn't changed noticeably in two years, other than the lights on the southern signal being aimed more toward the left to be better visible to traffic approaching on Colby Street, kind of weird there isn't a pair of side-facing lights here). It's by far the most untouched classic setup in the area, although there are a few others like the eastern crossing on Colley Rd. with incandescent lights and a mechanical bell.

Note that with the bridge across Turtle Creek going into Illinois out of service, the only road traffic through the Prospect Street crossing is going to and from a handful of industrial and commercial businesses along Colby Street.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:27 pm

Nice shots! Those are definitely some great crossings.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
AndyWS

Post by AndyWS » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:25 am

Finally got my video from last Sunday done, with a better look at the 8" Griswold lights at Prospect Street.

AndyWS

Post by AndyWS » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:26 pm

Brent Georgi, the original contributor of most of the older Wisconsin pictures on the site, has also recently posted a video of Prospect Street to his YouTube: