Trace Creek Road, McEwen, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Trace Creek Road, McEwen, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:48 pm

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, a WCH mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 1.5 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, 1 Safetran 12x24 inch light with a WCH 2nd Generation LED, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

This was the fourth and final crossing I chased CSX M531 to, though it wouldn't be my last crossing of the day. While waiting for M531 here, I started hearing a train horn to my west. Said train horn turned-out to be from M534, which stopped to my west to wait for M531. M531 soon pulled into the siding, but sadly was long enough that they sat blocking the crossing. M534 then came through with an ET44AH leading an ES44AH and another ET44AH for power. Thankfully this would be the last GEVO I'd catch leading this day.
After M534 cleared the north end of the siding here, the signal immediately upgraded to a restricting indication, which told me there was another northbound coming. After about 20 minutes of waiting, said northbound came on through, which turned-out to be I125 with a CM44AC pulling on the head-end and another ES44AH working as the mid-train DPU. After I125 cleared the siding, M531 finally got going again and cleared the crossing, allowing the crossing to finally deactivate, a little over 40 minutes after it first activated! According to a trucker who regularly runs loads to a business on the other side of the crossing, that ain't the longest this crossing's been active for (according to them, CSX has sat a train on this crossing for over 4 hours before).

This crossing is another nice one, featuring what I believe is the only other 90s CSX install along this line. These signals are still fairly original, with the only notable change here having been an LED upgrade sometime between 2016 and 2019. Since then, thankfully, the signals have remained largely unchanged, and even still retain the original WCH mechanical bell, which thankfully still sounds rather healthy. Hopefully these signals remain unchanged for many more years to come.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/G-Q ... ace_Creek/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.