Dickson Avenue, Dickson, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Dickson Avenue, Dickson, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:01 pm

*originally recorded on 1-10-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Federal Signal 8 inch lights and an NEG electronic bell.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Federal Signal 8 inch lights.

After catching CSX I125 in Tennessee City, I attempted to beat it back to Burns (to film a mid to late-2000s CSX install there), though unfortunately the train beat me there, largely due to traffic in Dickson. However, at the passing siding east of Burns, I125 wound-up meeting CSX I126, which was waiting to go south. As such, I decided to turn around and head over to this crossing in Dickson for I126 (which I had completely forgotten about until I saw it while trying to chase I125). I was successfully able to beat it over here, and, after a few minutes of waiting, I126 came through with a CM44AC pulling on the head-end and another CM44AC working as the mid-train DPU.

This crossing is yet another rather nice one, featuring another 1970s L&N install that's fairly original. The only notable change here appears to have occurred between 2013 and I think 2016 (and certainly by 2019), when CSX replaced the original WRRS bell on this crossing with the current NEG e-bell. Since then, thankfully, this crossing has remained entirely unchanged, and is the last fully 8 inch crossing in Dickson. Hopefully CSX leaves this crossing unchanged for many more years to come, but either way, I am glad to have been able to record this crossing. And especially since, with this video, I have now recorded all of the remaining 8 inch lights on the CSX Bruceton Subdivision!

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/A-F ... n/Dickson/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.