Anes Station Road, Anes, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Anes Station Road, Anes, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:43 am

*originally recorded on 1-27-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, a sick NEG electronic bell, a Safetran-branded Siemens gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After catching L693 working the Belfast Branch, I continued onto the CSX S&NA North Subdivision to see about getting at least a couple of other crossings along it recorded. I'd just passed this crossing when I heard an approaching train over my scanner, so I quickly turned around and stopped here to set-up. After a little bit of waiting, this late-running CSX I026 came flying through with an ES44AH leading an AC44CW on the head-end, and another ES44AH working as the mid-train DPU.

This crossing is a fairly decent one, if a bit on the boring side. The signals here appear to have been installed by CSX back in 2017, and basically haven't changed since. The bell on the far side sounds like it's a bit sick though, as it seems noticeably scratchier than NEGs of this age usually sound. After the crossing has shut-off, you can hear the nearby defect detector reading out as well.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/A-F ... s_Station/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.