Winn's Crossing, Chapel Hill, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Winn's Crossing, Chapel Hill, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:51 am

*originally recorded on 1-27-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After catching I026, I continued up to Chapel Hill to record at least one more crossing on the CSX S&NA North Subdivision. After about an hour and a half of waiting, this southbound CSX mixed freight, I believe CSX M521, came through with a YN2 AC44CW leading a YN3 ES44AH for power! This was probably my best, or at least my second best, catch of the day.

This crossing is another nice one, featuring a modernized mid-90s CSX install. It appears that in the late-90s, CSX went ahead and replaced the original WCH mechanical bell here with the current GS Type 1, then, sometime around 2013/2014, CSX upgraded this crossing to LED alongside most of the rest of the crossings on the S&NA North Sub. Since then, however, the crossing has thankfully remained largely unchanged. Hopefully this crossing continues to remain the same for many more years to come, but either way, I'm glad to have been able to film it.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/A-F ... ill/Winns/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.