Crutcher Road, Chapel Hill, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Crutcher Road, Chapel Hill, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:56 am

*originally recorded on 1-27-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After M521(?) came through, the signal at North End Chapel Hill immediately upgraded to a restricting indication, so I knew CSX was running something right behind him. As such, I quickly got into my car, and started making my way up to this crossing. I cut it a bit close, as I heard this train calling the signal for South End Holts Corner a little bit before I turned onto this road, but I was still just able to beat it here and get set-up and recording with maybe about 30 seconds to spare. Anyways, here we see my final train of the day: CSX M203 heading south with an ES40DC leading an SD70MAC for power. After this, I began heading back home for a familial event I was needed to attend.

This crossing is another nice one, and definitely a good one to end off on. Like with the previous crossing, the signals here appear to be a mid-90s CSX install, but, in the late-90s, CSX replaced the bell here with the current GS Type 1 e-bell. Then, in about 2013/2014 or so, CSX upgraded this crossing to LED alongside most of the rest of the S&NA North Sub. Since then, thankfully, no major changes appear to have occurred to this crossing. Hopefully it also remains largely unchanged for many more years to come, but either way, I'm quite glad to have been able to record it as well.
And, with this crossing, I believe I have now successfully recorded every GS Type 1 e-bell on the CSX S&NA North Subdivision! Don't believe there are any others I have yet to record on this line, the oldest signals I have yet to record (excluding ones with replacements) appears to be an early-2000s CSX install, so I believe I have now recorded all of them. The remaining crossings on this line sadly aren't as interesting, in fact, I believe all but like three of the ones I still need to record/rerecord are mid/late-2010s CSX installs, lol. Either way, I'm steadily finishing out this line, lol.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/A-F ... /Crutcher/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.