Owen Hill Road, Allisona, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Owen Hill Road, Allisona, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:03 pm

*originally recorded on 2-10-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a dead NEG electronic bell, an Invensys Rail gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a somewhat sick NEG electronic bell, an Invensys Rail gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After I caught M647 at Wade Brown Road, I'd heard that was an I026 coming north, so I decided to go on up to this crossing to get it recorded as well, as I still had yet to record this one. After a bit of waiting, this fairly late-running I026 came flying through with an ES44AH leading an AC44CW on the head-end, and an ET44AH working as the mid-train DPU.

This crossing is another decent one, if a bit on the boring side. The signals here are a pair of fairly-modern CSX ones, installed sometime between 2012 and 2014, it appears. Since they were installed, however, no notable changes appear to have occurred to them, outside of the replacement of the tip gate light on the far signal. The NEG e-bells here are definitely on their way out though, as the far one sounds like its already dead while the closer one sounds somewhat scratchy. I suspect the speaker in the closer one may be going out soon as well. Wouldn't be too surprised if CSX replaces both bells here before too long. Either way, I was still able to get another crossing I still hadn't gotten on the S&NA North, and for that, I'm glad.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/A-F ... Owen_Hill/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.