Edmondson Street, Hanceville, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Edmondson Street, Hanceville, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:56 pm

*originally recorded on 3-19-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a dead NEG electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After I caught CSX I029, I went on down to Hanceville as I still needed to record this crossing as well. On my way down here, I heard the detector south of Bangor read-out for a northbound train, so I quickly made my way over to this crossing. Got here and parked just as the train was rounding the corner south of NE Hanceville, and was just barely able to set-up in time before the train started blowing for Commercial Street. Thankfully, I was still able to record my ninth train of the day: a 180-car CSX G420 (IIRC?) with an ES40DC leading a pair of ES44AHs for power.

This crossing was the last active signalized crossing I had yet to record at all on the entire CSX S&NA North Subdivision, and I have finally done it! However, as Tabernacle Road in Hartselle is in the process of getting a new pair of gated signals (they're in, but they have yet to get power or be activated, no idea at the time of writing as to when that'll happen), I'll still need to record that crossing, along with a couple of minor upgrades in Decatur, before I can make a compilation video for this line.
Either way, this is still a fairly decent little crossing, featuring a pair of modern CSX gated signals, which appear to have been installed here in about 2014 or so, replacing a pair of crossbucks. No major changes appear to have occurred to this crossing since they were installed, though the bell on the far signal sounds like it's dead.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/H ... Edmondson/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.