Politic Road, Elmore, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Politic Road, Elmore, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun May 07, 2023 12:53 pm

*originally recorded on 4-23-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching M645 at the Alabama River Parkway crossing, I went back north a bit to wait on my next train. After a little bit of waiting, this CSX M520 came rolling north through the crossing with an ES44AH leading an AC44CW.

This crossing is another nice one, featuring another late-90s CSX install at it. At some point, I believe in the 2000s, the bell on the far side was replaced with the current GS Type 2 e-bell, though, since then, this crossing has thankfully not seen any major changes to it.
The road this is on used to connect to AL 14/AL 143 just beyond the crossing. However, sometime between 2009 and 2013, the connection to AL 14/AL143 got severed. Not entirely sure why, but I suspect it may have been for either safety purposes and/or for the widening of AL 14/AL 143 that'd happen here starting in the mid-2010s.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/Elmore/Politic/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.