16th Avenue, Clanton, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

16th Avenue, Clanton, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun May 07, 2023 1:10 pm

*originally recorded on 4-23-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a sick General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a dead General Signals (Type 2?) electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

CSX M520 pulled into Jemison Siding to meet a few southbounds, one of which was already there, which I believe was CSX M523. (The dispatch told M520 there'd be another train following M523, and there was one right behind this guy, though I didn't catch either trains' IDs, but I suspect this was M523.) As such, I decided to head on down to this crossing and wait for it, which I didn't have to do for very long. Here we see my best catch of the day: what I believe was CSX M523 with a YN2 AC44CW leading a YN3 AC44CW for power!

This crossing's a nice one, featuring an early-2000s CSX install that's still fully original. It seems the bells here will need a bit of work, however, as the bell on the closer signal is unfortunately completely dead. The one on the far side is also very much on its way out, as it starts with three quick attempts to ring, rings twice, and then just pops the rest of the time it's on. Seems a lot of these early-2000s CSX installs are sadly in the process of losing their original bells...
Thankfully, the far signal does also still retain a diagonally striped gate arm, which is quite nice to see. There also ain't too many of these early-2000s CSX installs that are still mostly original, or at least have both of their original bells, so I'm glad to have been able to film this one. The screwed-up bells here were just a bonus, lol.
Older street view imagery from 2014 also shows the side lights on the closer signal having come off. Oops!

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/Clanton/16/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.