Darlington Drive, Rome, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Darlington Drive, Rome, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun May 28, 2023 10:19 am

*originally recorded on 5-21-23*

Signal on the left: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

On May 21st, I went out to the NS Atlanta North District to see about getting some more of the older signals along the line filmed. This was the first train I caught, which came just a little bit after I got here and was a northbound intermodal train with an AC44C6M leading an ES44DC.

This crossing's a fairly nice one, and is one I wanted to record the last time I was in Rome, but sadly never got the chance to. It appears that the signals here were originally installed by the SOU back in early-70s, but later on in the 70s the masts for the lights were replaced. Then, in the 1980s, the lights here were all upgraded to the current Safetran 12x24 inch lights, I believe by NS. Finally, sometime in the early-2000s it appears, the bell here was replaced by the current GS Type 2 e-bell. Since then, thankfully, no further changes have occurred here, and both signals even still retain their early Safetran gate mechs, which is quite nice to see. Also nice to see this one is still a double-mast install as well, think this is the only remaining one on the Atlanta North these days.
Hopefully these signals remain unchanged for many more years to come, but, either way, I'm glad to have gotten them finally recorded.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Georgia/R-Z/Rome/Darlington/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.