Reeceburg Road, Silver Creek, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Reeceburg Road, Silver Creek, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun May 28, 2023 10:43 am

*originally recorded on 5-21-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.

After catching the northbound intermodal train, I went down to this crossing to get it recorded. After about an hour of waiting, I was able to get my second train of the day: this southbound mixed freight with an AC44C6M leading a Dash-9, an ALCO RPU6, and an SD40-2 on the head-end and an ES44DC working as the train's DPU. Certainly nice seeing another yard slug on this train. As a bit of a fun fact as well, the RPU6 slugs numbered between 850 and 869 are technically the only ALCO units active on NS's roster, as they were all originally rebuilt from RSD-12s.

This crossing's a decent one, though admittedly I did go after it more for the set-up than the equipment. The signals here are a mid to late-2000s NS install that's still almost entirely original, with literally the only change of note here being the left-hand signal's gate lights being upgraded to the current RECO LEDs sometime within the past two years. The right-hand signal here does look fairly neat, however, as it lacks any front lights on it due to the fact this road ends at the 3-way stop right next to the crossing.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Georgia/R-Z/S ... Reeceburg/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.