Byrd Station Road, Seney, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Byrd Station Road, Seney, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun May 28, 2023 11:37 am

*originally recorded on 5-21-23*

Signal on the left: 2.5 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, 1 Safetran 12x20 inch light, a Safetran mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After catching NS 284 in Lindale, we continued on down to this crossing in Seney. After less than 40 minutes of waiting, I was able to get my fourth train of the day: a southbound intermodal train with an ES44DC leading a Dash-9 on the head-end, with an AC44C6M and an ES44AC working as the train's DPUs. The crew on this train was also friendly and gave a horn salute as they passed.

This crossing is another nice one, featuring an almost-fully original early-90s NS install. Unfortunately, it appears that at some point within the last two years, NS replaced one of the side lights on the far signal with a newer Safetran 12x20, so the crossing's no longer fully original. However, it does still retain its original Safetran mechanical bell, which is still quite nice to see, even if it does sound a bit on the worn-out side these days. Hopefully these signals remain unchanged for many more years to come, outside of the bell here getting some TLC, but, either way, I'm glad I got to film these guys as well.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Georgia/R-Z/S ... d_Station/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.