Webber Road, Plainville, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Webber Road, Plainville, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:07 am

*originally recorded on 5-27-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.

On May 27th, I got on up and went back out to the NS Atlanta North District to see about shooting a few more older crossings along it. After getting here and waiting a little while, I was able to get my first train: a southbound mixed freight with an NS AC44C6M pulling on the head-end and a UP AC44CW and a UP ET44AH working as the DPUs. Bit of a shame that it was a southbound, a northbound would've been a bit nicer to catch here, at least in terms of a video due to the curve here, but it's still a nice train to start off the day with.

This crossing's a nice one, featuring a mid-70s SOU install that's been modernized over the years. In the 1980s, NS replaced all of the lights here with the current Safetran 12x24 inch lights. Then, in the 90s or 2000s, the relay case here was replaced as well. Finally, sometime after 2007, the original 1st Gen Safetran bell here was sadly replaced with the current GS Type 2 e-bell. Since then, however, the equipment at this crossing has thankfully remained largely unchanged, and both signals still retain their original Safetran gate mechs. The bell here also rings while the gates rise, which is quite nice to see.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Georgia/G-Q/P ... le/Webber/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.