Marble Street #2, Rockmart, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Marble Street #2, Rockmart, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:54 am

*originally recorded on 5-27-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.

After I caught the northbound mixed freight in Plainville, I went down to Rockmart and got myself some lunch at a local restaurant in the downtown there. After eating lunch, I went on over to this crossing to film it. After about an hour and a half of waiting, I was finally able to get my third train of the day: NS 733 with a pair of BNSF ES44ACs pulling on the head-end and an H2 AC44EV and an H2 SD70MAC working as the DPUs.

This crossing is another rather nice one, featuring a late-90s NS install that's pretty much fully original. It appears that the only changes here have been to the gate arms, signage, and maybe the gate lights, but, other than that, it basically features all of the equipment that it had when NS installed it back in the late-90s. The GS Type 1 bell here is especially nice to see, and was the main reason I wanted to try for this crossing. Said bell has faded pretty much entirely white as well, which is neat to see.
Another nice feature of this crossing is that the bell here is set to ring when the gates rise. Always do enjoy finding crossings that have the bell(s) operate like this.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Georgia/R-Z/Rockmart/Marble2/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.