McPherson Church Road, McPherson, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

McPherson Church Road, McPherson, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:33 am

*originally recorded on 5-27-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, an an NEG LED gate light.
Signal on the far right: 1 pair of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs.
Signal on the near right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a Siemens gate mechanism, a RECO LED gate light, and NEG LED gate lights.

After getting the two crossings in Rockmart, I continued south along the line to this crossing in the community of McPherson to film it. After about an hour of waiting here, I was able to get my fifth train of the day: NS 26C climbing-up Baswell Mountain with an AC44C6M leading an ES44AC and a Dash-9 for power.

This crossing is a pretty decent one, despite having fairly modern equipment. The signals here appear to have been installed in about 2015 or so by NS, I'm guessing replacing a pair of crossbucks, and, outside of the piece-meal replacements of the original RECO LED gate lights as they die with the NEG LED gate lights, basically has remained unchanged since.
However, the install here was a bit unusual for a modern NS one, as the far side of the crossing features an extra gateless signal to provide a bit of extra visibility for cars coming from that direction due to the trees and a curve on that side of the crossing. Meanwhile, the closer signal was installed with its front pair of lights noticeably off-set from the mast, also to help provide visibility around a curve on this side of the crossing.
The signals here all feature older blue ENS signage as well, the earlier more-square design that NS used after their first blue ones but before the current standard ones. Unfortunately, like with many of these ENS signs of this age, these ones are very, very faded these days. In fact, the closer one has faded almost completely white. While the two on the far side do look a bit better and aren't nearly as faded, they are still fairly-worn-out looking and I wouldn't be too surprised if NS replaces them before too long.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Georgia/G-Q/M ... on_Church/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.