14th Avenue, Bowling Green, KY

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

14th Avenue, Bowling Green, KY

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:04 pm

*originally recorded on 12-6-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WRRS 8 inch lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Modern Industries 8 inch lights and a Safetran Type 2 electronic bell.

After L406 came through, I went over to this crossing and waited a bit, before realizing I should probably try for the RJ Corman Memphis Line. When I got out there, however, I realized that the train had already come through, so I returned here. When I got back here, however, I found-out that a southbound was lined through Bowling Green, so I got set-up and waited. Sure enough, after a little bit of waiting, this CSX M209 came rolling through with an ES44AH leading an ES40DC for power.

This crossing is another great one, featuring another classic TPC install by the L&N. In the 1950s or 60s, it appears, at least the far signal had its lights replaced by the current WRRS 8 inch lights. Then, in the 1970s, the closer signal had its lights replaced (again?) with the current Modern Industries 8 inch lights. Finally, in the 2000s, the bell here was replaced with the current Safetran Type 2 e-bell by CSX. Thankfully, since then, no further major changes have occurred to these classic signals, with still retain their 8 inch lights. There are a good few gateless 8 inch installs on this line still, all of which feature e-bells these days, sadly.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Kentucky/A-K/ ... _Green/14/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.