Freedom Drive, Portland, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Freedom Drive, Portland, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:58 pm

*originally recorded on 12-8-23*

Signal on the left: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, a RECO LED gate light, and NEG LED gate lights.

After M212 came through, I heard an M574 was approaching, so I went on up to this crossing to record it. After a few minutes of waiting, this CSX M574 came through with a CM44AC leading an ES44AH on the head-end and another ES44AH working as the mid-train DPU.

This crossing is another nice one, featuring a very late-90s CSX install, possibly even from 2000, as it was one of CSX's earlier installs with the double-sided bases. Thankfully, despite over two decades having passed between these signals being installed and the present, they are pretty much still almost fully original with the closer signal even still retaining a GS Type 1! Definitely not a bad crossing to record for my second crossing of the day.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/G-Q ... om_Victor/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.