Owens Road, Calhoun, LA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Owens Road, Calhoun, LA

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:32 am

*originally recorded on 1-31-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a GE electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and WCH LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a GE electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and WCH LED gate lights.

After waiting close to another hour after the westbound mixed freight we almost missed, I got my scanner correctly programmed, and, as soon as I got it set to the right channel, it picked-up a defect detector a few miles to our west reading-out for an eastbound. As such, I got set-up and, a little bit later, this eastbound mixed freight came flying through with a CP AC44CWM leading a KCSM ES44AC for power.

This crossing is another nice one, featuring another pair of signals KCS installed here sometime between 2009 and 2013, replacing what seems to have been a pair of crossbucks. Thankfully, like with the other pair I'd recorded on this day, the signals here are still fully original as well, complete with both (working) GE e-bells and diagonally-striped gate arms. Hopefully they remain around here for many more years to come, but, either way, I'm glad I got to film them when I did.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.