Pleasant Grove Road, near Choudrant, LA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Pleasant Grove Road, near Choudrant, LA

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:36 am

*originally recorded on 1-31-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a GE electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and WCH LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a GE electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and WCH LED gate lights.

After the eastbound mixed freight came through, we went two miles west on over to this crossing to wait for our next train. It turns-out we didn't have to wait long, as when we got here, the wayside signal next to this crossing was already lit for another eastbound. As such, within a few minutes of us getting here and getting set-up, we were able to catch this eastbound mixed freight with a KCSM ES44AC leading a KCS GP40-2 on the head-end and a KCSM SD70ACe working as the train's DPU. This would be the last train and crossing we got on this day, as although we did stop by the three other crossings with GE e-bells along the Vicksburg Sub (and got them documented for the site), no other trains came through before it started to get too dark. As such, we went onto our hotel in Longview, TX, for the night.

This crossing is another nice one. Like with the precious crossing, it appears the signals here were installed by KCS in the late-2000s/early-2010s and likely replaced another pair of crossbucks. Similarly, these signals are also still fully original, complete with another pair of GE e-bells and diagonally-striped gate arms, which are great to see. Hopefully these two crossings remain unchanged for many more years to come, but, either way, I'm quite glad I was able to record them when I did.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.