Canton Street, Dallas, TX

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Canton Street, Dallas, TX

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:14 pm

*originally recorded on 2-2-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x20 inch lights with Electro-tech LEDs, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x20 inch lights with Electro-tech LEDs, a WCH Type 1.5 electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After getting the two videos of Lamar Street, I decided to walk over to a couple of one-way crossings I saw from it, both on opposite sides of I-30. Here we see a northbound DART Red Line train rolling through the crossing.

This one is another nice one, featuring another pair of WCH signals from the mid-90s. In the 2000s, it appears, the DART upgraded the lights here to LED and also replaced the original bell with the current WCH e-bell. Apparently this was one of the first WCH e-bells to be installed on the DART Light Rail network. Since then, however, it appears no major changes have occurred to this crossing. Nothing really too much else to say about this one, TBH. It is a pretty nice one-way set-up though, which appears to be the reason for the cantilever not having any overhead rear lights.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Texas/A-F/Dallas/Canton/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.