13th Avenue, Attalla, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

13th Avenue, Attalla, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:05 pm

*originally recorded on 4-16-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.

While waiting for 16T, I heard that they were going to be seeing A54 and 179 at CP Waterfall. As such, after 16T passed, I went on up to this crossing to wait for A54. After a little bit of waiting, I was able to catch NS A54 with an EMD SD40-2 for power. Here we see them briefly stopping on this crossing to line a switch just south of this crossing.

This crossing is a pretty decent one, featuring a 2000s NS install that's still almost entirely original, like many of the crossings on the NS AGS North District. In fact, the only noticeable change here (aside from the signage) is that the gate arms here were both replaced sometime after 2018. Nothing else has changed to this crossing.
Although it ain't the most noticeable in this video, the closer signal's gate arm is actually bent about half-way up it.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/Attalla/13/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.